Albert Martin gives 8 biblical reasons why Christians must avoid Mel Gibson's movie, "The Passion of the Christ."
- True Christians are committed to an uncompromising, comprehensive obedience to God's Word (3:30)
- True Christians are pressured by the Bible, not society's "must see" climate (4:04)
- A Christian is one who claims to have a conscience bound by God's Word (4:40)
- This film's dominant preoccupation with the physical brutality of the sufferings of Jesus is inconsistent with the Bible's emphasis upon the reality and dominant nature of His spiritual sufferings (5:30)
- This film's detailed depiction of the death of Jesus is an unwarranted reenactment and representation of His death (11:55)
- This film is a radical and arrogant substitute for God's ordained medium of presenting Christ crucified to a sinful world (17:05)
- This film produces a plethora of spurious spiritual experiences (24:30)
- This film undermines the biblical doctrine of the absolute sufficiency of Scripture (30:30)
- This film promotes an undiscerning ecumenical climate (39:10)
- This film sanctions the blasphemy of portraying the sinless God-man by a sinful actor (43:00)
- The film constitutes a blatant violation of the Second Commandment (47:37)
Click here to read John Murray's article against pictures of Christ.